shipping, returns and exchanges
At this time, hipSwan offers shipping only to customers in the United Kingdom, United States of America, Singapore, and Switzerland.
UK: our standard shipping charge is a flat £3 per order and will deliver across mainland UK in 2 business days. We offer free standard shipping if your order value exceeds £30.
If you have a sock emergency or otherwise desire a quicker shipping time, you can opt to upgrade to 1-day shipping at checkout. The rate for this expedited service is £5 per order.
Our shipping carriers are Royal Mail or Hermes, depending on the destination.
International: for customers in the USA, Singapore or Switzerland, we charge a flat £10 for orders under £30, or a flat £5 for orders over £30. We ship internationally with Deutsche Post and you will receive a tracking number. Deliveries take between 3 - 21 business days, depending on the country.
hipSwan places a high priority on delivering outstanding customer service, and this extends to those rare occasions when customers need to return their socks. You needn't worry about our reluctance to facilitate returns.
In the words of our customer Wendy N:
These socks are very well made and worth the purchase price. Sadly however, they were too tight at the ankles to comfortably accommodate my rather podgy feet. I had ordered three pairs and was able to return the untried two pairs without any problems. My email request to enable me to do this was answered promptly and courteously.
Return Policies and Procedures
We are committed to your satisfaction and offer a liberal returns policy:
- In the UK, all online customers have a statutory right to cancel their order at any time up to 14 days after receipt of the goods.
- hipSwan goes further and gives you 60 days to return your items.
- Refunds can only be made to the payment method used for the original order.
- Items must be in a new and unused condition together with all tags and original packaging intact.
- All returns must be packaged securely in the original packaging and sent to our returns processing centre in Bristol. Please note that return postage costs are the responsibility of the customer.
- We aim to process your refund within 3-8 business days after receiving your returned items.
- If you wish to initiate a return, please contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org (referencing your order number) and we'll send you detailed instructions including the address to which you should send your items. Do not send returns to our corporate office in Brighton, as we work with an external logistics company located in Bristol.
We do not offer direct exchanges. If you prefer another colour or style, you would have to return the original pair(s) and place a new order.
Questions?Please contact email@example.com if you have any further questions about shipping & returns.